My name is Kiel MacDonald and I am the sole photographer, editor, and designer of Kairu Photography. Kairu is the Japanese translation of my first name.
I have been a photographer since 2008 when I took my first trip to Japan. Since then, I have become a published photographer, both online (IGN, Anime News Network, and more) and in print (Cos Culture Magazine, 2016), and have had the chance to work with many people and organizations on a multitude of photoshoots.
I have a background in web design and graphic design which has helped me hone a process of creating stand-out images. My goal is always to make sure my customers and partners are happy with the shoot, from planning stages, to shooting, to reviewing the final product.
So far I have had the honor of working with the following groups and organizations for large shoots or projects:
- The San Jose Sharks Foundation in San Jose, CA (2014)
- New People and the J-Pop Summit group in San Francisco, CA (2014 and 2015)
- The Cupid Run in San Jose, CA (2014)
- Michelle Jeffords (make-up artist) in San Jose, CA (2014 and 2015)
If you would like to see samples of my work, please visit my gallery
. If you are looking for a photographer that will provide you with quality work and will walk with you through every step of the prcess, please contact me
- Winner of the Global Shinkai Day Photo Submission Contest, presented by Crunchyroll - 2014